Fast-Acting Organic Weed Killer Recipe
Nothing kills weeds faster than 20% Horticultural Vinegar. This non-selective acid burns weeds back to the roots. Use full strength on all types of weeds. You can increase it’s effectiveness by adding a small amount of Orange Oil to each gallon of 20% Vinegar. Add a dash of dishwashing liquid to help keep the mixture blended. Pick any sunny day and spray the crown of each weed thoroughly. In a few hours, you’ll have dead weeds!
Here’s our special recipe:
Note: Use with care. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Horticultural Vinegar can harm other plants, including your lawn, if it contacts the foliage.
- 20% Horticultural Vinegar
- Orange Oil
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Tank Sprayer or hand-held sprayer
- Pour 1 gallon of 20% Horticultural Vinegar in a tank sprayer. Always use at full strength when applying for weed control. Do not dilute with water!
- Add one ounce of Orange Oil.
- Add 2 – 3 drops of dishwashing liquid.
- Shake/mix thoroughly.
- Spray the crown of each weed until saturated.
Latest posts by Marshall Grain (see all)
- Why You Should Care About Your Pet’s Oral Care - February 21, 2017
- Gardening Tip of the Week – Fast-Acting Organic Weed Killer - February 7, 2017
- Gardening Tip of the Week – How to Grow Spinach - January 11, 2017